BeReal Master Giveaway Terms
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
By entering any applicable BeReal giveaway (each, a “Contest”), you will be bound by these terms and you acknowledge and agree that you meet all eligibility requirements. “BeReal” means BeReal SAS.and its affiliates. Prizes, entry dates, and selection details are further described on the webpage or other point of entry where you entered that Contest and/or any BeReal Community Standards article describing that Contest (each, a “Contest Entry Page”).
If a BeReal giveaway links to other rules than these, those rules will apply for that BeReal giveaway.
- Eligibility. Open to BeReal users who are legally allowed to enter such Contests in their country of residence and in countries where such Contests are not prohibited. Employees or agents of BeReal and its business partners involved in the provision of the Contest (collectively, “BeReal Parties”), and the members of their immediate families (i.e. parents, children, siblings or spouse) or those persons living in the same household of such individuals, are ineligible to enter or win.
- Sponsor: BeReal SAS 30/32 Boulevard Sébastopol 75004 Paris, FRANCE, and its affiliates.
- Contest Entry and Term. The term of each Contest (“Contest Term”) and instructions for entry will be described on the Contest Entry Page. ALL ENTRIES MUST COMPLY WITH THESE BEREAL MASTER GIVEAWAY TERMS AND BE SUBMITTED DURING THE CONTEST TERM, OR THE ENTRIES WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
Your entry must not: (i) violate any applicable law or regulation; (ii) violate any third-party rights, including copyrights, trademark rights, moral rights, or rights of privacy and publicity; (iii) contain disparaging or defamatory statements; (iv) include threats to any person, place, business, or group; (v) be obscene, offensive, or indecent; (vi) depict any risky behavior; (vii) contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; (viii) violate the BeReal User Agreement, available at https://bereal.com/en/terms/, and/or (ix) contain unauthorized third-party trademarks or logos (collectively, the “Content Restrictions”).
Your entry will be disqualified if: (i) your entry violates any of the Content Restrictions; (ii) you attempt to cheat, tamper with the judging or services used to operate the Contest, spam BeReal, or otherwise interfere with or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest. If BeReal does not receive your entry for any reason outside of BeReal’s control, your entry will be disqualified.
If your entry includes personal information of individuals other than yourself, you must obtain the consent of those individuals.
- Prizes & Approximate Retail Value. Prizes and their approximate retail value will be described on the Contest Entry Page and/or website and/or Community Standards article describing the Contest.
The potential winner(s) will be notified via the email provided in their submission, on or about the notification date described on the Contest Entry Page and/or website and/or Community Standards article describing the Contest. A potential winner must respond to the notification attempt within three (3) days of when it was sent. To receive a prize, a potential winner must: (i) submit all information that BeReal requires to deliver them their prize and comply with applicable law; and (ii) acknowledge that BeReal may disclose their name and country to third parties because certain laws require BeReal to do so to demonstrate the fairness of each Contest. Unless BeReal is satisfied that a potential winner is eligible to win a prize, every potential winner must sign and return to BeReal an affidavit of eligibility. An affidavit of eligibility is a document in which the signatory (the potential winner) legally declares that they are eligible to win the prize based on these BeReal Master Giveaway Terms. If BeReal asks a potential winner to sign and return to BeReal an affidavit of eligibility, they must do so within thirty (30) days of the date the affidavit is sent to claim their prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted or fails to return the affidavit of eligibility within the required time period, the potential winner forfeits the prize. If a potential winner is disqualified because they failed to comply with these BeReal Master Giveaway Terms, or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, BeReal will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner based on the selection details described on the Contest Entry Page and/or website and/or Community Standards article describing the Contest. Winners are solely responsible for any taxes or reporting obligations resulting from the prizes. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges of any prize will be permitted.
- Limitation of Liability. By participating the Contest you agree that BeReal, its affiliates, related companies, officers, directors, employees, agents representatives, partners and licensors, liability is limited to the maximum extent permissible in your country of residence. You agree that BeReal Parties, any social media sites where a Contest entry occurs (such as Twitter or Instagram), and their respective affiliates, suppliers, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”), will not be responsible or liable for any losses, damages or injuries of any kind resulting from your participation in the Contest or any Contest-related activity, unless occasioned by their negligence or willful misconduct.
- Indemnification. By participating in the Contest and/or accepting any prize that may be awarded, to the maximum extent permitted by law where you reside, you agree to fully indemnify each of the Released Parties from and against any liability, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs and expenses resulting from any breach by you of these BeReal Master Giveaway Terms or any misrepresentation made by you in connection with the Contest.
- Uncontrollable Events. If the operation or integrity of the Contest is compromised by an event beyond BeReal’s reasonable control and which were unforeseeable before the Contest began, BeReal may suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contests be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, BeReal may award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date.
- Disputes. To the extent that these BeReal Master Giveaway Terms allow you or BeReal to initiate litigation in a court, both you and BeReal consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Paris courts and French law. You and BeReal agree that all claims and disputes (whether contractual or otherwise), arising out of or relating to the BeReal Master Giveaway Terms or User Agreement will be litigated exclusively in the courts of Paris, France and that such disputes will be governed by French law, unless this is prohibited by the laws of the country where you reside.
- Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these BeReal Master Giveaway Terms will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these BeReal Master Giveaway Terms will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained in them. BeReal’s failure to enforce any of these BeReal Master Giveaway Terms will not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Winner List. BeReal takes commercially reasonable steps to comply with laws that apply to the Contests.
- Additional Disclosures. Contests are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any social media platforms where it is promoted or connected to entry, including but not limited to Twitter (aka X), Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Discord, Reddit, or any other third party platform where entry may occur.
There may be laws in the jurisdictions where we are running these Contests that require us to disclose the personal information of Contest entrants and winners to government entities so that they can ensure that we are running these Contests fairly and in compliance with applicable consumer protection, marketing and other laws. If a government entity requests these details, we will provide them to the government entity. Under the GDPR, the lawful basis for this disclosure is to advance our legitimate interests in running Contests that comply with applicable laws.
Certain laws require us to publish or disclose the names (and in some cases countries) of winners to third parties that request this information from us. These laws are intended to ensure that we run the Contests fairly and in compliance with applicable laws. If you are selected as a potential winner of the Contests, a condition of claiming a prize and becoming a winner of the Contest is that we may disclose your name and country for this purpose. This is a necessary part of our contract with you when you accept a prize to win the Contests because our contract requires us to comply with the laws that apply to us and applicable laws require us to make these disclosures. Under the GDPR, the lawful basis for this disclosure is to perform our contract with you to run the Contest in accordance with applicable laws, or else to advance our legitimate interests in running a Contest that complies with applicable laws. BeReal retains personal information submitted during the Contest for as long as necessary to administer the Contest and comply with applicable laws. You can contact [email protected] for more information.
By making a post to submit to the Contest, you grant BeReal a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicensable license to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display and distribute the content you submitted to the Contest in any and all media or distribution methods. This license authorizes us to make your submission available to the rest of the world and to let others do the same. You agree that this license includes the right for BeReal to provide, promote, and improve our Services and to make your submission available to other companies, organizations or individuals for the syndication, broadcast, distribution, promotion or publication on other media and services. Such additional uses by BeReal, or other companies, organizations or individuals, is made with no compensation paid to you with respect to the submission.